Origami Navigation Service Data
Provides the data consumed via origami-navigation-service.
Table Of Contents
How to edit navigation data
The navigation data is written in YAML and can be edited via the Github edit tool.
Steps to edit navigation data:
- Open the navigation data file in the Github edit tool
- Make the necessary changes
- Press the "Commit changes" button
- Add a comment which explains what you are changing and why
- Press the "Create pull request" button
- Someone from Origami will review your changes before merging them into production
The source documentation for the runbook is stored in the
operational-documentation folder. This is pushed to CMDB upon every promotion to production. You can push them to CMDB manually by running the following command:
The tests are split into unit tests and integration tests. To run tests on your machine you'll need to install Node.js and run
make install. Then you can run the following commands:
make test # run all the tests make test-unit # run the unit tests make test-integration # run the integration tests
You can run the unit tests with coverage reporting, which expects 90% coverage or more:
make test-unit-coverage verify-coverage
The code will also need to pass linting on CI, you can run the linter locally with:
We run the tests and linter on CI, you can view results on CircleCI.
make test and
make lint must pass before we merge a pull request.
The Financial Times has published this software under the MIT license.